What We Do
Source BioScience outsourced services offer a complete, customised service for the cut-up, processing and reporting of wet surgical specimens, blocks and pre-prepared slides from our CPA accredited laboratories.
We provide access to specialist diagnostic histopathology expertise including primary diagnosis and second opinion services.
We offer a reliable, flexible and cost effective short to long-term support for histopathology departments providing short-term cover for holidays and staff sickness through to long-term contracts. This service draws on our expertise and the expertise of more than 60 of the leading RCPath and GMC registered specialist consultant pathologists.
Our rapid turnaround times, averaging less than 3 days for pre-prepared specimens and 4 days for wet specimens, make Source BioScience a preferred service provider for many NHS Trusts.
- Provide a full outsource service for your histology department
- Fill in for any temporary staff absence or staff shortage whilst you are recruiting
- Undertake Duty of Care reviews using our panel of specialist Pathologists
- Offer longer term support for additional workloads, for example in the bowel screening programme
- Cut up and process wet samples in our CPA accredited laboratory under Pathologist supervision
- Offer rapid turnaround times - on average less than 3 days for pre-prepared slides and 4 days for wet samples
- Offer a dedicated team for the daily handling and tracking of all slides and samples
- Provide secure electronic access to the reports for your hospital, through our Secure Portal Access (SPA)
We can offer a single uniform price for all your work or a price per sample, whichever suits you best.
Our service is easy to use - one phone call to +44 (0)115 973 9012 and we will arrange a courier delivery of our special slide transport boxes and then arrange a courier pick up as soon as the slides are ready for collection. We will also arrange prompt return of the slides.
All reviews are carried out in accordance with GMC and RCPath guidelines.
For further information and prices please contact us or call +44 (0)115 973 9012