Source BioScience is taking the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak seriously and providing guidance to help reduce the risk of infection.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared the outbreak a Pandemic of international concern. We strongly recommend continuing to refer to the WHO or your local public health agency for up to date information.
Useful inks are:
USA - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
UK - https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance
IRE/Europe - https://ec.europa.eu/health/home_en
Source BioScience and all our colleagues want to assure all our clients and future clients that we are endeavouring to do what we can to reduce risk, whilst still delivering a service that can cope with our usual and increased volumes.
Our current approach has been to follow the advice provided by all Health organisations affecting all our staff and sites and this includes:
- Visits to the Source BioScience sites have been limited to staff and accepted visitors who need to complete documentation and have their temperature checked on a regular basis.
- We have split our teams to create two working groups to increase social distancing within each site. We have reduced working groups to a maximum of two and are utilising technology to keep us up to date internally and with clients.
- All those who are able to work from home, are working from home at all sites.
- Those who remain onsite are reminded to continue to wash their hands and we have increased cleaning regimes.
- We have approved key workers onsite working to deliver our services to all our current and new clients.
- No-touch thermometers are available at all sites for use where required.
- We are adopting Governmental advice of self-isolation. Where a person living alone shows symptoms, they will isolate for 7 days. Where someone shows symptoms in a multiple occupancy property, they self-isolate for 14 days.
We are primed and ready to fulfil your requirements and I hope that we can be of service to you all.
Good luck during this difficult time. If you are in doubt of what we can do then please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]
What can I do to help combat COVID-19?
Take Action: Focus on standard infection control practices, training and compliance.
Good personal hygiene practices can help prevent the spread of infection.
- Wash hands frequentlywith soap and water. When soap and water aren't available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Minimise close contactwith people who have symptoms of respiratory illness.
- Ensure proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
The good news is that disinfectants can be used to effectively kill coronaviruses on surfaces.
- Clean and disinfect surfacesand high-touch objects with approved disinfectants.
For more information on how we are combatting the spread of the Coronavirus please email [email protected]