- Source BioScience granted exclusive worldwide licence by the Max Planck Institute to commercialise the Drosophila melanogaster TransgeneOme collection
19 Dec 2015
Source BioScience granted exclusive worldwide licence by the Max Planck Institute to commercialise the Drosophila melanogaster TransgeneOme collection.
The TransgeneOme collection, developed by Dr Mihail Sarov at the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, offers a novel opportunity for the exploration of protein function in Drosophila melanogaster.
The collection enhances the Source BioScience portfolio of genome-wide clone resources for use in this important model organism. In addition, the library offers unique applications to complement a wide scope of research. These include:
Drosophila TransgeneOme collection applications exclusively from Source BioScience:
- Expression of tagged proteins under native control - enabling various in vivo applications
- Systematic investigation of expression patterns and protein localisation at all developmental stages in different tissues, cell types and subcellular compartments
- Identification of interaction partners by purification of protein complexes and subsequent mass spectrometry
- Assessment of the extent and functional role of translational control of protein expression by comparing spatial expression data of mRNA with that of proteins
These resources are available on GenomeCUBE®, the interactive proprietary database, search engine and e-commerce tool and can be located by entering GenePair IDs, FlyBase IDs or gene symbols.
To purchase part, or the complete, library please follow this link