Drosophila TransgenOme Resource
The Drosophila TransgeneOme Resource (MPI-CBG) is available exclusively from Source BioScience.
Developed by Dr Mihail Sarov in the TransgeneOmics Unit, Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, the Drosophila TransgenOme Collection is the latest tool for the exploration of protein function in Drosophila melanogaster.
The tagged fosmid constructs can be easily used to generate transgenic fly lines expressing tagged proteins under native control, enabling various in vivo applications to investigate expression patterns, protein localisation and physical protein interactions.
- Genome-scale collection of ~10000 validated clones covering ~9600 genes (73% of the Drosophila proteome)
- Comprehensive genome-wide library of C-terminally tagged proteins within genomic fosmid constructs
- Tagging cassette comprises affinity tags, protease sites and GFP suitable for protein localisation and complex purification studies
- pFlyFos vector additionally comprises an inducible origin of replication (oriV) to allow a high copy number only for isolation of the fosmid DNA
- Option to insert the fosmid constructs at a defined position into the fly genome as third copy reporter allele to generate transgenic animals*
- Fosmid reporters can in principle recapitulate all aspects of gene expression regulation at transcriptional and post-transcriptional levels
- Functional reagents that are able to substitute endogenous protein function
- Web application available, providing full access to all construct-related information
- Generation of transgenic fly lines expressing tagged proteins for large-scale examination of proteins in D. melanogaster
- Systematic protein visualisation at all developmental stages of D. melanogaster while preserving the endogenous expression and localisation pattern of the tagged protein
- Visualisation of fusion proteins by live imaging approaches in intact animals (e.g. SPIM)
- Analysis of subcellular protein localisation in fixed tissues by immunohistochemistry
- Development of valuable markers for various tissues, cell types and subcellular compartments
- Small affinity tag-mediated protein purification (Ty1, V5, FLAG) - two-step purification possible via protease cleavage sites
- Identification of interacting protein partners via purification of protein complexes and subsequent mass spectrometry
- Assessment of extent and functional role of translational control of protein expression by comparing spatial expression data of mRNA with protein data
The use of the resource is limited to research purposes. The collection is subject to the following MTA and our clone terms and conditions.
Due to MTA requirements, individual clones and libraries should be ordered via our website.
Individual clones can be easily ordered online.
Acceptable search terms include FlyBase Gene Ids or various other gene/protein related identifiers from public databases (e.g. gene symbols, synonyms, Entrez Gene, UniProt, Ensembl).
The Drosophila TransgeneOme clones can be also retrieved by the construct name which is used in the originator´s website (e.g. 5570134411162551_C01).
The complete set of 126 plates can be ordered at the link below:
We can also make subsets of your chosen clones from the collection. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
||Drosophila TransgeneOme Resource (MPI-CBG)
||Species: Drosophila melanogaster
||Strain: Berkeley Drosophila Genome Project Bloomington stock no. 2057
||20 – 50 kb
|Stop codon status
||Cloning Site 5s: Eco72I
||Cloning Site 3s: Eco72I
||Growth Conditions medium: LB
||Growth Conditions antibiotic: Cam (15µg/ml)
Multipurpose tag cassette
2xTy1 = flexible linker
sGFP = superfolder GFP
V5 tag = affinity tag
Pre (PreScission) = specific protease cleavage site
TEV = specific protease cleavage site
BLRP = biotin ligase recognition peptide enabling in vitro or in vivo biotinylation
3x FLAG = affinity tag
* Vector backbone contains the attB sequence for jC31-mediated gene integration and the eye promoter-driven dsRed as selectable marker
Sarov M., Barz C., Jambor H., Hein M., Schmied C., Suchold D., Stender B., Janosch S., Vikas V., Krisnan R-T., Aishwarya K., Ferreira I.R.S., Ejsmont R.K., Finkl K., Hasse S., Kaempfer P., Plewka N., Vinis E., Schloissnig S., Knust E., Hartenstein V., Mann M., Ramaswami M., Raghavan K.V., Tomancak P., Schnorrer F. (2015) A genome-wide resource for the analysis of protein localisation in Drosophila preprint available on BioRxiv
For further information and prices please contact us or call +44 (0)115 973 9012