Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)
Source BioScience provides a PGD service, enabling you to offer your patients a safe and simple solution to pre-implantation genetic diagnosis
What genetic conditions can be tested for during PGD?
PGD can be used to test for virtually any genetic condition where a specific gene is known to cause that condition, some of which include:
- Battens Disease (infantile)
- Rett Syndrome (RTT) and Neonatal Encephalopathy
- Incontinentia Pigmenti (IP)
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Sickle Cell Anaemia
- Huntington Disease
- Macular Dystrophy
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Tay Sachs Disease
*For a full list of genetic conditions Source BioScience can detect please contact using the contact detail below.
Why offer your patients PGD
Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) is recommended when couples are at risk of transmitting a known genetic abnormality to their children. Only healthy and normal embryos are transferred into the mother's uterus, thus diminishing the risk of inheriting a genetic abnormality and late pregnancy termination (after positive prenatal diagnosis)
How does the Source BioScience PGD Service work?
- We supply your clinic with our PGDS kit, which has a test request form and the consumables required to transport the patient sample
- You send us a patient sample and the test request form - in the freepost box provided
- We analyse the sample and send you a report
For further information and prices please contact us or call +44 (0)115 973 9012