Microsatellite Genotyping Service
Microsatellites are repetitive sequence elements - usually a dinucleotide such as (CA)n. There are tens of thousands of microsatellites in the human genome. Any one microsatellite locus will have a number of different alleles, each with a different number of repeat units.
We have earned a strong reputation in microsatellite typing. Our present operations evolved from the highly regarded 'HGMP Linkage Hotel', and we now offer high throughput contract research as well as data analysis.
Electrophoresis Fragment Analysis requisition form
Microsatellite typing has been used in thousands of linkage analyses of mendelian traits to detect co-segregation of a distinct phenotype with a particular microsatellite allele in a family. It has also been used to identify genes in complex diseases.
- We have optimised protocols for using ABI PRISM® Linkage Mapping Sets. These are sets of microsatellite markers distributed at medium density (10 centiMorgan) and high density (5cM) across the human genome.
- We also design, validate and apply user-defined microsatellites.
- ABI Prism 3730 and 3100 genetic analysers for high throughput PCR product analysis
- Automated data analysis
- High throughput liquid handling
Why use Source BioScience
- Quality: Backed by nearly ten years experience and with a track record of successes in detecting linkage, our contract research is fast and accurate.
- Pricing: Our high throughputs reduce unit labour and capital costs meaning that we can offer exceptional value for money. Furthermore, savings are made by bulk purchase of reagents.
- Personal Touch: We work with each customer to ensure optimisation of experimental design. All data is sent in strictest confidence to you.
- Commitment to improvement: We are continuously introducing new technologies to reduce costs, shorten timelines and reduce consumables including your DNA.
For further information and prices please contact us or call +44 (0)115 973 9012