Microarray Analysis Services
We offer a wide range of microarray platforms for your gene expression studies
- Genome wide gene expression studies
- Low to medium sample throughput
- Pre-designed and custom arrays (including design) available
Affymetrix - a pioneer in microarray technology
We offer a high quality service using Affymetrix GeneChip® instruments and software tools as well as customised proprietary software solutions.
Agilent - an integrated, flexible, open approach
We use the complete integrated Agilent Workflow Solution for sample QC, sample labelling, hybridisation, scanning and data extraction (on the Agilent DNA microarray scanner with Feature Extraction Software).
- Custom array design available
- Pre-Selection strategy (PSS) for optimised array design
- Budget multiplex arrays for standard expression studies using human, mouse, rat and model organisms available
Illumina - a highly reproducible, multiplex, efficient and cost-effective option
The Illumina BeadArray platform, and more recently the Illumina iScan which utilises the same BeadArray technology unique to Illumina, offers a highly reproducible, efficient and cost-effective option for expression studies. There are multiplex capabilities which is great for high throughput projects but yet still suitable for smaller sample numbers too. The Illumina platform offers an average call rate of 99.9% which helps with downstream analyses since there are less likelihood of false positives and negatives due to the higher sample call rates.
- Standard Whole Genome Expression Analysis in multiplex format for Human, Rat and Mouse
We use Illumina-recommended protocols and reagents and utilise comprehensive QCs to ensure an efficient and high quality service. Microarrays are then scanned using the Illumina BeadArray reader, and data extracted and normalised (as required) using the Illumina GenomeStudio Software
- Assist you in the design of the arrays (where applicable)
- QC your total RNA and offer advice
- Process your samples, keeping you up to date with their performance throughout
- Provide raw or analysed data (in conjunction with our bioinformatics service), returning this on CD-R or via a secure web server.
For further information and prices please contact us or call +44 (0)115 973 9012