Whole Exome Sequencing
Whole exome sequencing (WES) is the affordable option where your interest is limited to the protein-coding exons, as it requires sequencing of only 1-2% of the genome. Whole exome sequencing works by hybridisation of a panel of oligonucleotide probes to the sample in order to ‘capture’ the regions of interest prior to enrichment and sequencing, and it thus ensures high coverage of these regions. If required, additional or custom content such as UTRs and miRNA code can also be included.
If you need to identify structural variants, CNVs or intronic mutations you should consider using our Whole Genome Sequencing Services; however, compared to whole genome sequencing (WGS), WES offers a budget-friendly, fast turnaround time per sample as well as greater ease of data storage, management and analysis.
If your region of interest is smaller than the exome, or if your organism of interest does not have an available exome panel, we would recommend you use our Targeted Sequencing Services.
Exome Panel Options
Source BioScience’s ISO-accredited whole exome sequencing services use Agilent and Roche exome panels and we have a range of options to suit your requirements and budget. For example, rather than use a standard exome panel, you may choose to add additional custom content or use one of the panels that has boosted coverage for known cancer or other disease-associated regions.
Considerations when using our whole exome sequencing services:
- Include UTRs, miRNA codes, or custom content?
- Species (custom panel required? Suitable reference sequence available?)
- Sample quantity, quality and origin (eg FFPE)
- Sequencing depth required with average, minimum and on-target coverage?
- Coverage required for difficult (eg GC-rich) regions?
- Scientific interest (indels, CNVs, clinical?)
- Proportion of region of interest within heterogeneous samples
Whole exome sequencing applications
- Study of rare/orphan diseases
- Study of complex genetic disorders
- Trio analysis
- Tumour/normal comparison
- Population Studies
- Personalised medicine
- Variant discovery in crops and livestock
Source BioScience will...
- Provide a consultation with our dedicated team of highly-qualified and experienced Scientists
- Advise on project design, coverage and amount of sequencing required
- Work with suppliers to obtain custom designs
- Offer high throughput solutions using our state-of-the-art robotics
- Assign a Project Manager to you who will provide support and updates throughout the project
- QC your samples and perform library preparation
- Sequence the libraries, returning your raw data via a secure web server
- Provide Advanced Bioinformatic data analysis and reporting where required
For further information and prices please contact us or call +44 (0)115 973 9012