Real-Time PCR Services
Real-Time PCR has long been established as the standard method of choice for laboratories requiring reliable quantitative PCR (QPCR). In contrast to traditional PCR end-point detection, by using specialised instrumentation and dye-labeling, Real-Time PCR collects data as the reaction is proceeding. Because the quantity of PCR product is measured in the exponential phase of the reaction, Real-Time PCR provides an accurate as well as fast and sensitive means to quantify your amplicons.
Our Real-Time PCR services are ISO-accredited and suitable for quantification of gene expression, SNP genotyping and assessment of copy number variation. We use both SYBR® Green and Taqman® technologies and either standard curve or Comparative CT analysis. GCP-compliant studies can be conducted if required.
Use our Real-Time PCR services for your small to medium-sized projects or where your requirement is either small number of assays/large sample number or small number of samples/large assay number. For larger projects you should consider using our alternative Genotyping Services, Microarray Services and Next Generation Sequencing Services.
Use our Real-Time PCR services and our traditional PCR-based genotyping and sex testing services for your animal breeding programs.
Assay formats available
- Taqman® SNP Genotyping assay
- Taqman® Gene Expression assay
- Taqman® miRNA, small RNA and ncRNA assays
- Taqman® copy number assay
- Single tube, 96 well plate and 384 well plate format
- Pre-designed or custom options
- Gene signature or custom panels available
- Genotyping of animal and plant breeding populations
- Genotype correlation studies (low number of genes of interest)
- Disease/Pathway research
- Mutation Screening
- Pathogen Detection
- Validation of Studies
- ABI PRISM 7900HT Sequence Detection System- permits high throughput of up to 84 plates at once
- Roche Light Cycler 480- used for high resolution melting (HRM) applications (discrimination of larger indels)
Source BioScience will:
- Provide a consultation with our dedicated team of highly-qualifies and experienced scientists
- Assign a Project Manager to you who will provide support and updates throughout the project
- Assist you in the design of the assays
- QC your samples and perform RNA to cDNA conversion
- Run and analyse your samples returning your data via a secure web server
For further information and prices please contact us or call +44 (0)115 973 9012