Histopathology and Pathology
Source BioScience has fully equipped histology laboratories to provide a range of histopathology services to support clinical and R&D studies.
We apply rigorous quality control procedures and comply with national and international guidelines. Our laboratory is CPA and GCP accredited and participates in NEQAS Schemes.
We can accept a range of samples including frozen or wet specimens, paraffin blocks or pre-prepared slides. All samples are accurately logged and tracked by trained professionals, ensuring integrity of the process.
Our services include:
- Provision of formalin fixative pots to clinical sites/labs to fix tissue biopsies/samples
- Processing of tissue to block including orientation of tissue to meet study requirements
- Sectioning including specialist cutting of delicate tissues such as brain and heart
- Standard H&E
- Specialist stains to look at tissue structure in detail
- Semi-quantitative IHC and ISH including assay development and validation
- Diagnostic tests to aid pathology diagnosis including HER2, EGFR, ER/PR, KRAS, BRAF (for further information please see mutation analysis and biomarker analysis)
- By-eye image analysis and telepathology allowing images to be viewed over a secure web browser
- Expert pathology review supported by a team of over 60 of the leading RCPath qualified Pathologists
Blocks/samples can be stored for clinical trials and research studies if required. Please note that DNA and RNA from archived FFPE blocks is also offered.
For further information and prices please contact us or call +44 (0)115 973 9012